Monday, September 29, 2008

Week 17

Another week has gone by already. This was the week of the big move! In the beginning of the week I had to get everything organized and ready for the movers/packers/cleaners/final inspection. Then Wednesday I had a doctor's appointment. Ed was able to come with me, which was awesome. I did the usual stuff...weight, blood pressure, urine sample, etc. They took some blood. I have now gained 15 pounds (OMG) and my blood pressure was higher than normal. I generally have very low blood pressure. Well the nurse was a little concerned about the elevated BP and asked if I was under any more stress than usual. I told her we were in the process of moving and Ed had been working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week so I was doing most of the stuff by myself. She said I should take it easy and hopefully my BP was just caused by undue stress. Here is a picture we took while we waited at the doctor's office...

The packers came right on time Thursday morning and started putting all of our things in boxes. It was pretty neat how quickly they moved. Ed had to work that morning so I stayed at home to keep the dog occupied and help the packers with small things. I took all the pictures off the wall, took apart all of the lamps, disconnected the computer and the tv's, and separated things that needed to stay with us. Around 12:00 I ordered everyone pizza b/c I couldn't leave and we were all starving. Ed came home right around that time and they had an awards ceremony at work. Ed got a NAM (Navy Achievement Medal) and a plaque from the boat. I was very proud of him for working so hard. That's another ribbon to add to his collection on his uniform!! :) He was excited to have completed all of his check-outs on base. And the best part is...he is finally free from the boat!!Well after we had lunch Ed decided that I was too stressed out trying to do everything with the move so he packed up the Jetta and sent me to Columbia to visit my mom. I didn't want to at first, but it sounded like fun to go see her and relax for a few days. I took Hope with me. The movers came on Friday and loaded up all the packed boxes and our furniture onto a big truck. Now I'm at my mom's house relaxing, I'll go back down to GA for the final inspection on Tuesday morning. Then we will be on our way to Cocoa Beach to get our new house!! :)
Here are some pictures from my Columbia trip. I got to visit with Dave & Courtney before they moved to Italy. I also got to see his parents and Lauren...we all went to the Irmo Okra Strut. :) It was raining, but the food was deee-lish!!
I also got to see Andy, Will, & Caroline. We went out to Pancho's for some Mexican food, it was a lot of fun. Here are some pictures from that night.

0 comments: