Monday, September 15, 2008

Week 15

Hello everyone. I can't believe October is almost here! We have been getting ready for the big move. Well I've been getting ready for the big move and poor Ed has been working 84+ hour weeks. Thankfully when we leave here he will never have to do that again. I have been cleaning and throwing excess stuff away. A man from the moving company came last week to walk around the house and see what we had so he could estimate how many boxes and packing materials they would need to get us all set to go. Here's a picture of Ed and Hope on the couch. Ed fell asleep after sitting down for just a few minutes. He's so tired when he comes home from work. I thought it was cute how Hope cuddled up with him.


I'm making lists of all of the people/companies I need to contact to cancel the water, power, cable/phone/internet, etc... I've scheduled a cleaning company to come in after all the stuff is out and then a carpet cleaning company to come in right after them. I just need to schedule our final walk-through inspection with the real estate lady and hopefully that will be it as far as the house.

Today I need to find the number to the lodging facility on base so I can reserve a room for us. The packers and movers are coming the 25th and 26th but we can't leave until the 1st so I have to find a place for us to live. I have to schedule the puppy to stay at the Pampered Pets Resort for a few days. Poor puppy. I looked up another boarding facility in Cocoa Beach to have on hand in case we can't move in to our new place right away. I found one online that is at a veterinarian's office and every single review I read about the boarding and the vet were outstanding. The veterinarian (Dr. Fuller) has been in practice at this place since 1968 and everything I read about him seemed to be incredible. I think he just might become our new veterinarian as well since the place is right near the base and our new neighborhood.

I feel like the list just goes on and on. Next week is my last week of work. :( I'm very sad to leave everyone b/c I love my job and even more I love the people I work with. I can't believe I've been a nurse for over a year now. I have learned SO MUCH at this job and couldn't have asked for a better experience as a new nurse. I'm truly going to miss everyone. One of my co-workers (Monica) is talking about throwing a shower at her house when I get closer to my due date. She said it's not fair to everyone b/c they all want to see me get big (thanks a lot) so she wants to get everyone together. I think that will be awesome and I can't wait to drive down to see everyone. Here are some pictures I took at work this past week. I'm trying to get everyone I work with before I leave so I can remember my first job and all of the best nurses and ACP's ever!! :)

Well I guess I'd better get back to my never ending list of things to do!! :)






1 comments:

Lindz said...

Awww, I'm gonna miss you!!! I can't believe your leaving so soon, it has went by fast since you found out you were moving! It's been fun working with you, you better stay in touch when you move. We def need to plan a shower so we can see you get big, then you have to come back when the babys born!!