Sunday, September 21, 2008

Week 16

Wow!! Week 16 already...that is 4 months! I'm almost to the halfway point, which seems unbelievable and a little scary. Well this is going to be a busy, busy week for us. The packers and movers are coming on Thurs/Fri which gives me a couple of days to get rid of anything we don't want to go with us and also separate the stuff we want to take in the cars. We have to prepare to live up to a month or two without our stuff so it is careful planning to figure out exactly what we need to keep with us. Of course I will keep all of our papers (luckily I have them already in little travel file folders), medications (since they won't pack those anyways), clothes, uniforms, dog stuff, toiletries, etc. I'll also be sure to take our valuables such as pictures, letters, movies, jewelry. You get the idea. Ed is going to have to go up into the attic and get all the Christmas stuff and camping stuff that is up there so we don't forget it. Supposedly the movers won't go up there.

We've been trying to eat all of our refrigerated/frozen and opened food. They will pack canned goods and stuff that won't go bad as long as it is unopened. Thank goodness...I didn't want to have to buy all of my spices again b/c they get expensive!! I feel so bad that Hope has to live in a kennel for a few days. Once we get up there and find out how long our wait is going to be, if it is weeks then we are probably going to visit family in SC instead of living in a hotel. Hopefully we can get a house right away and get settled.
So we've been talking about what our plans are for the holidays. It's a little hard since we technically don't know our schedules with work, but here are our plans for now. We are going to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving since Ed's whole family is going to be there. I figure that will probably be the last time I will be able to safely fly before the baby comes. December I will be in my third trimester so we are going to stay home for Christmas and hopefully have family come down to visit us. That is all far away though, so who knows what will actually happen.
Well this might be the last post for awhile. I will try and post somewhere if we have computer access while we are nomads. I'll get pictures of the movers and our new city when we get there. Bye for now!! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Yay!