Sunday, August 24, 2008

Week 12

Well these past few days have been a bust. Because of stupid tropical storm "Fay" my ultrasound appointment in Jacksonville got cancelled and so did our trip to Sumter to visit Ed's parents. I was really looking forward to going to Sumter. We were going to have a birthday for Ed and his mom was going to cook some fantastic dinners. Mmm...her cooking is always delicious!! Well we didn't go so now it has been the most boring week ever. To top it off Ed had to work yesterday and today so I'm just sitting here. I decided to spend this free time getting ready for my big moving sale I'm having in a couple of weeks. I did get a lot of stuff done so I can't complain too much. I got to go through all of the stuff, clean the house, and get some laundry done. I think I might reward myself with some Ben & Jerry's later tonight. I got up early this morning and walked about 2 miles with the puppy so I deserve it. Tropical storm Fay has finally passed us. It was mostly just a lot of wind and rain for days.

I had a little "un-birthday" for Ed on Friday since he will be starting shiftwork in a few days and will pretty much miss his birthday. Shiftwork means that he has to work 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week, for almost a month. His shift is 3am to 3pm everyday. I pretty much will not see him until we move in October so I thought he should at least get some kind of birthday. We opened presents and I baked a cake. Poor husband...he can't wait to get out of here and get to his new job. Hopefully it will be much better with his schedule. Here are some pictures of the birthday party. :)


The first one is of Ed showing off his candles...TWENTY NINE!! Well he will meet his goal, which was to have his first baby before he turned 30. The next one is him blowing out the candles, and the third one is of him opening presents. He got Mario Kart for the Wii, which is what he has wanted for months. His real present was a couple of weeks ago. We went to a NIN concert in Duluth, GA. He loves NIN and I went b/c I love him. It was the baby's first rock concert. Haha! Well I'm going to get back to my cleaning. Tomorrow I'm going to call and reschedule my appointment. Have a great weekend!! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, cute =)
I'm so excited for you two! I can't wait to be an aunt!