Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week 32

8 Months pregnant! Aughh! I can't believe it. 56 days to go! Here is a photo image of my first official pregnancy stretch marks...I can't believe I'm putting them on the internet for all to see. Oh well, I guess it's all a part of the process, sacrificing your body.

We need to get moving with preparations! Well we decided we would finally put together the white crib we bought months ago (see previous blog for picture) and what do you know, we broke it. We busted a tiny piece of wood on one of the rails that goes up and down and it pretty much made the whole thing unsafe. We attempted to fix it with Gorilla Glue and clamps...but it was a no go. We got so mad that we decided to go out and buy a brand new, solid wood crib that would last us for years and years. Here is the finished product...This one is solid wood and doesn't have a drop rail. We love it and can't wait to see what it looks like with all of the bedding on it. We still don't know how we are going to "decorate" the nursery since we don't know what the baby is going to be. We did go ahead and order a changing table though and we have a rocking chair. This weekend I'm going to wash all of the clothes and linens I have so I can put them away. Here is a picture of the changing table...it's supposed to arrive sometime this week.
When we went to buy the crib we found these really cool cd's called "Rockabye Baby". Basically it's rock bands songs turned into lullabye music. I put some on the site so you could hear them. We got Pink Floyd & NIN to add to the baby's ipod.

Next week we have Childbirth Class. We are taking the full day speed class on a Saturday. We're pretty psyched about it. Hopefully it will be worthwhile. So far everything is going great. At our doctor's appt. this past week my sugars were good, I hadn't gained anymore weight, and the baby is measuring right on target still. :) Ed starts his school this week coming up so he is pretty excited about that. More to come!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

All's well that ends well...the crib is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Thanks Em! :)

Chuck Taylor said...

The Pink Floyd music box is crazy.