Saturday, December 13, 2008

Week 27

This week started off kind of rough. I started it off by getting rear-ended in my brand new car. No one was hurt, but I was really sad that my brand new car got hit by a crazy old lady. Luckily the Highlander did it's job and took the hit really well. We have a few knicks and scratches on our bumper and the ladies 1994 station wagon is totalled...the whole front end is smashed in. We're getting everything fixed (thank goodness she had insurance) so the car will be good as new. Saturday night Ed went to Orlando to a Misfits concert with his friend Tyson. I decided that since I was home alone I would watch chick flicks and make a huge banana split. I took pictures...it was DELICIOUS!! :) Here are the steps to a pregnant woman's heart...

Step 1:Line bowl with cut up banana pieces.
Step 2: Add icecream of choice. This particular night I was feeling Neopolitan.


Step 3: Add syrup(s) of choice. This one has fudge, caramel, and marshmallow.



Step 4: Add whipped cream. I prefer the extra creamy kind.

Step 5: Add cherry on top (or in my case like 5 or 6...whatever looks good). :)


Step 6 is to obviously devour the whole thing and don't feel guilty about it. :)

So the rest of the week was kind of a bust too. I worked Sunday and then Monday Ed came home sick and has been getting over it since. He was on the couch for a good 4 days pretty much just resting and taking his medicines. I took the week off to relax with him.

Thursday was my birthday (yes I am old now) and we spent the day relaxing. Well I spent the morning at the dentist and ended up getting a cavity filled and then we decided to get milkshakes and watch season 2 of The Office for the rest of the day. It was quite nice to sit around in my sweats all day. Ed finally let me open my presents that I had been looking at under the tree for days. He got me a pink ipod...it's the cutest thing ever. Yes not only am I old, but I'm the last person on the earth to own an ipod. I also got some jewelry from my grandma that was gorgeous (of course). She got me a charm for my bracelet and a pair of amethyst and diamond white gold earrings to match the ring she got me for college graduation. I got some wonderful cards and thoughtful birthday wishes from friends on facebook and myspace. All in all it was a good day.

1 comments:

Emily said...

Beautiful!
So happy for you :-)