Friday, March 6, 2009

Week 40

Well today is March 6, 2009. It just happens to be the baby's official DUE DATE and so far NOTHING. I was so excited when I woke up, because I thought maybe the baby would really come on it's actual due date. Here are some pictures we took in front of the house this morning before we left for our appointment.
We went to our doctors appointment at 8:00 this morning for a Non Stress Test and an exam. Here is the update: these past couple of weeks I have been gaining weight like crazy (total weight gain is now 53 pounds), my blood pressure was 100/60, baby's heart rate is in the 140's, my cervix is about the same as it was last week, I am not dilated at all.


The NST is basically where they hook you up to a fetal monitor for 20 minutes and see how the baby's heartrate is reacting to any contractions you are having. It also makes sure the baby is moving around like it should. I don't know how it moves at all since it is so squished in there, but somehow it manages. We passed the NST and now the plan is to wait. If nothing happens this weekend we are scheduled to go into the hospital on Tuesday night and check in. I will be induced early Wednesday morning.
So I guess we are just going to try and enjoy our weekend. Today we have a hot date to get pizza and go miniature golfing. :) We will keep you updated if anything happens! Here is one last belly shot for your viewing pleasure.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, thanks for the update. I hope that baby comes before you have to be induced. That little booger of yours...I'm having a really hard time seeing you so anxious, just wish I could be there for you and ed. Soon though, right? Welp, I'll talk to you later today. Love you babe, hang in there.

Emily said...

Just think, Scottie-

Trying to think of something motivational-

Okay just stay positive and know that your body was built to do this!

Emily said...

Birth story! Birth story! We want to hear it!!